Monday, May 27, 2013

Weight Loss Tip # 3 - Stay Fuller Longer by volumizing!!!

   I have to say one of my biggest helpers was volumizing all my meals. What does volumizing mean? It means plumping up your meals with low calorie foods to help you feel satisfied for a longer period of time. One way to volumize for instance is if you are eating a Dinner entree by Weight watchers or Lean Cuisine or whatever one you choose you can DOUBLE the portion by adding veggies. Weight Watchers has a Broccoli Alfredo that I love and what I do is add a whole cup of Broccoli after cooking the meal in the microwave.
   Another way to volumize is to add Vegetables to your meal. Say your having a Hamburger and you really don't want to add any more points to your meal. Have the Hamburger and add a large side of your favorite vegetable like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. You can add salsa or a tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese to the vegetables to boost the flavor! Most Parmesan Cheese I've found is only around 20 calories or so. My favorite brand is Kraft.
  Steamfresh veggies are always a good choice because you can throw them in the microwave and they are done in minutes. They have green beans, brocolli, seasoned cauliflower, carrots, spinach and I think they even have asparagus!
  When I make or eat a store bought pizza I cut up thin slices of tomato and add those and green peppers or onions to the toppings to make it much more filling and it tastes great too!
So fill up on veggies and stay fuller and satisfied longer!

No comments :