Monday, May 27, 2013

Weight Loss Tip - Snacking at Night

    I don't think I know anyone that doesn't like to snack at night... It's like once it gets dark out something takes over us and says "you must eat something sweet, crunchy, salty or comforting!" This is a problem for MOST people. They are fine during the day and then at night they end up ruining their entire days work! So what do we do?? Get lots of snacks that are low points or low calories and have them on hand. If they come in a large bag break that bag up and use your own ziplock bags and make single portions of them. NEVER eat chips right out of the bag. I remember a time when I would eat chips out of the bag and count them. They serving size was about 15 chips. I think I had 30 chips but some pieces were broken and I certainly couldn't count that as a chip right? So... don't let that happen to you. Always measure out all of your snacks in portioned sized bags.

  One thing that I LOVE for a snack is Vitatops. If you haven't had them yet you are definitely missing out! They are SO GOOD. I love their "Deep Chocolate" flavor and their Fudgy Peanut Butter chip ones.  They are actually good for you as they have fiber and protein and only 100 calories per muffin top. I probably have one of those a day! They really help me at night to curb cravings and keep me on track. They have little chocolate morsals on the top of them and I can't even say enough about them. They are fabulous! You can find them at a lot of grocery stores like Giant, Pathmark, Acme and I've seen them at Target. You can also find the link on this blog.

  Some other great snacks for night time are Sugar Free Jello, Sugar Free Pudding, Fruit, Pretzels, Popcorn, Fiber One Bars, Frozen Grapes (I always put mine in the freezer because they take longer to eat and they taste a little sweeter when they start to thaw). Cereal is also a good night time snack. I get the yoplait light yogurt and add about a quarter cup of Special K Strawberry Cereal to it and its very satisfying.
  Another tip for night time snacking is to make your own sign that you can put on the counter that says "Kitchen is Closed".
When you go in there to get a snack you will notice your sign and think twice about it! So snack, but once your done for the day the kitchen is CLOSED for eating!
 

No comments :